Ruth was born and raised in New Jersey. She graduated from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. Prior to attending law school, Ruth worked at the Department of Justice, Office of Consumer Litigation, in Washington D.C. and at the United Nations, International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, in The Hague, Netherlands.
Ruth attended law school at the University of Texas and graduated in 2007. At UT, Ruth was a legal research and writing teaching assistant for first year students and was an Executive Editor of the Texas International Law Journal.
Ruth joined Schwartz, Junell, Greenberg & Oathout, LLP, in 2008. Prior to joining the firm, Ruth served as law clerk for The Honorable Earl S. Hines, United States Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas.
Ruth recently attended Wild Well Control's IADC WellCAP Well Control training course for drilling and is IADC WellCAP certified.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Bar Admissions:
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, 2007
Honors: With Honors
Law Journal: Texas International Law Journal, Executive Editor
- George Washington University, 1998
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Major: Criminal Justice
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- World Affairs Council of Houston
- Past Employment Positions:
- Hon. Earl S. Hines, United States Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, Law Clerk
- United Nations, International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, in The Hague, Netherlands
- Department of Justice, Office of Consumer Litigation, Washington D.C.
- Birth Information:
- 1977, New Jersey, United States of America