Kristie was born in Kansas City, Missouri and raised in Houston, Texas. She obtained her undergraduate education at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas where she received her B.S. in 1995. She received her J.D. from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas in 2001. While in law school, Ms. Widner interned at the First Court of Appeals of Texas and was a member of the South Texas Law Review. She has been licensed to practice in Texas since 2001 and is also licensed to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Throughout her legal career, Kristie has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of civil matters, including, personal injury and premises liability defense, complex commercial litigation and arbitration, products liability, insurance coverage, and oil and gas matters.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury and Premises Liability Defense
- Products Liability Defense
- Commercial Litigation/Arbitration
- Insurance Coverage
- Indemnity and Additional Insured Obligations
- Wrongful Death
- Bar Admissions:
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 2001
Law Review: South Texas Law Review, Member
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 1995
- Past Employment Positions:
- Legge, Farrow, Kimmitt, McGrath, & Brown, L.L.P.
- Hays, McConn, Rice, & Pickering, P.C.